There is a fork in that martini glass

What has everyone been up to, besides hooking up, getting engaged and getting married? Seriously, I've gotten so many of such news lately, this big hole in my life is starting to feel bigger and I'm feeling lonelier...

/dramatic

Anyway. School has been taking over my life again. Between studying Europe, learning Spanish and examining the human brain, my own brain has gone wonky. I even have my own Wikipedia profile page now because I have a Wiki-loving professor.

Got to unwind a bit on Friday, though. Hung out with SassyGirl at Orgo, which had a full-house dining area but an empty bar. That was, of course, fine by us.

Right up til the end, we didn't know that all our bartenders were Japanese.

I probably hadn't had a martini in about a year, and these were great. Banana, cinnamon.. passionfruit and vanilla. This place will SO be revisited.

Then one of my cousins got married over the weekend.

Generally, I find preparing for weddings a chore, but what else can I do when the wedding is held at my own house? (Long story, don't ask.)

I just hate it when *cough* senior relatives have a hand in running the show, coz there will tend to be loads of differing opinions and other bullshit which just makes me wonder whose wedding it really is. I know there's a lot of tradition involved here, but sometimes people just don't want (/need) your righteous age-old input. Sorry.

And while the blissful couple jet off for their honeymoon in the city of lights, the top tier of the wedding cake is in my possession. Hehe.


You can have the roses.

19 comments:

krissy ♥ said...

I visited your Wiki page Your Royal Highness ;D

Oh yeah, I definitely agree with you, hearing news of other people getting married makes one feel the loneliness all the more, but of course I couldn't be happier for our Kymmybaby. She'll visit Manila on August next year! Wanna go, too? ^_~

Gosh I am so excited to hang out with you :)

justyn said...

Nashtiiii!!!! I missed you so much! Congrats to your cousin. iS that reallya fork in the martini? lol!


Don't be too busy, yo.

Sir Lancelot said...

Good to see u back here on PBPH, Your royal highness... hahahahhaah I really liked your Wiki page. Include a picture! Would be nicer :)

dolce la robyn said...

found out that my sister MAYBE is getting engaged, through facebook.

fun fun time. and she's younger!

sigh.

but it's ok lizzy wizzy. IT IS OK.

btw, thank god for that cake. or else, why you should even bother to attend the wedding, right?

oh yeah. i hate when the old people start to talk nonsense. by nonsense, i mean ridic ideas.

Ricademus said...

Motherese is not what I thought it would be! =)

If I smile sweetly and give you the flowers, could we split the cake???

Ortega said...

Aww...how cute! Looks like you've been busy. But busy is good, keeps a mind like yours occupied. Your wiki page is great btw. It's so you.

Woozie said...

I figured the happy new couple would have taken as much of the cake as possible? I know I wouldn't let you get away with the top of my cake.

Safe in the Steep Cliffs said...

nash!
i got married a month ago! lol! i guess im part of the typical days you have over there? xD

good luck with school.

and weekend veges sounds great! ^__^ ill try it one weekened !

TG said...

Yeah, so many weddings, proposals and what not lately. I don't know what to say, but I somehow need to find a way to squeeze Lizzy in a wedding gown. Will you be helping me with that? :P

Ricademus said...

Not pretty, nope. Beautiful!!!

You take the cake. =)

Candice said...

Had no idea you were fluent in so many languages, I am not worthy. That cake does look delish though.

Safe in the Steep Cliffs said...

im totally not kidding with you. if you look a my profile picture, he put a ring on it. lol. YAY! shocker right!? lol

Unknown said...

nashyyy, you live in a mansion ? wedding at your house? dang! can i have my wedding at your house too? hehe!

anyway, that's one of the things i'm NOT looking forward to in my wedding planning - having to fight off all the "old people" opinions coming from left right and centre. O.o

Newlyweds on a Budget said...

My mom planned my entire wedding (in less than 3 weeks, btw) and I was happy to let her take over. For the most part, she followed my "vision" although I know how traditional stuff can get in the way sometimes. My wedding was anything BUT traditional...and I'm usually a very traditional kind of girl...

DUDE--i would so eat that cake!

flashman said...

Cantek lah Nashe! The wiki page is awesome like the person. Hahhaa. Put picture! :))

nitia/ monto said...

babe, your Wikipage is so cool. hahaha, i thought it was a joke or something because u use such a cool sentences :)

bananas. said...

whose wedding is it anyway every time?! i swear i see the same things in every wedding and the older folks who like to put their opinion everywhere really need to shut it.

coolio about the wiki page though! and thanks i'll take the roses.

Unknown said...

you know... i have no idea why i curled the hair for the girl in my drawing. hahaha! i think my fiances hair is also curled in my drawing.... it just seemed cuter rather than drawing straight hair ;P

Ricademus said...

One of my brothers gets a McDonald's b-day cake every year--it's his favorite. =)

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Amélie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive