Yogi Bear

Fact of the week: Your nose shouldn't be longer than the distance between your eyes. If it is, then you are probably ugly. (Sorry, but you have my sympathies)

Anyhoos, there was a big ho0ha about Yoga recently... You know, the art of flexibising your body into impossibly intricate and sexy positions? Yeah. The magazine was all about how people go all yogi to achieve the perfect balance in life and stuff...and how Madonna does it routinely to like, spiritualise her damn Hung Up self.. Reporters interviewed the stars who claimed to do yoga coz it calms and rejuvenates their shit...
Why anyone would want to perform extreme body twisting is quite beyond me but oh well.

But honestly! How come nobody remembered to interview the old Indian third-world grannies who created yoga? These erm, aged dark Asians simply don't get credit for their ancient body-bending and twisting. It took Madonna(forgodzake) to think its cool and the whole world jumps on her merry bandwagon.

BTW,i gotta tell you- My maths lecturer is Mr Beesoony *something* Kumar. He looks Indian, but he's part French, and comes from Mauritius. I like! I like all things French sou... a bit biased there. Hehe. And he goes "So, zis eez ze parabola... Eez zat how you pronounce it? In France we call eet parabola..." (of course, in that sexier, slightly rougher French accent)
Damnations! I'm distracted by his accent. Now i' asking, how do you pronounce BEESOONY? He won't tell me.

Foreign teachers are the way to go, i say! I just get more interested. Beats listening to some Chinese/Malay/Indian teacher with thick Singlish or fake American accent. It happens, so don't be wigged. And 10 days ago i saw a majorly HOT Swedish guy at the "Study in Europe" Fair! Is it you?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello, i am speak so so englihs , how are you . i am from colombia .an you ? you are of what country. am friend i love. chao , o good bye

Diane@Diane's Place said...

What's with the dude in the comment above?

Anyway, if you heard me speak English, you might be very confused. There are variations of pronunciation and accents here in the U.S. and I am from the South. We are notorious for our accent, and sometimes people from other parts of the States make fun of us, sometimes in a good-natured way, and sometimes just being hateful.

I can't make fun of anyone's accent, 'cause I have one myself, LOL. :)

And, yes, the weather is that whack here, at times. Especially in Spring and Fall, when the weather is trying to settle down for the season. It was 75 degrees Fahrenheit here yesterday, and today the high temp was 55, and below freezing this morning. You should visit sometime, just to experience the changing seasons and the weather here.

Nashe^ said...

GREASE: Thanks for coming Colombian.I'm from sunny Singapore... and i grapple with your English. but still, its good that you dropped by. And errm, i love you too? Haha..ok whatever.

Nashe^ said...

MUMMY DIANE: Geez, i have no idea about the Grease thing up there. Hehe. ANywayz, i didn't know you had a Southern accent! Yeah i read about southern accents and its pretty cool. Very 'Gone With the Wind'.
I got an American uncle living in Houston Texas(Kingwood or somethin). Is that south? I don't think so..but his accent is ok! haha. o0h, but im SURE i can understand ppl like u! I went thru like, a 3-year phase watching Brit shows..

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Yep, Houston is Southern U.S. Some people work on their accents, though, trying to lose it.

And British accent is quite a bit different from a Southern U.S. accent, but I'm sure we would get by if we ever talk, ;)

I missed your comments the last day or so, glad to hear from you again.

Anonymous said...

its me! its me! Teh swedish dude is meeee...!! haha.. and that Grease guy from colombia is realli cute. i think he loves you. HAHA. i deleted my blog and so did da 4 others.yok! -adri.N

Nashe^ said...

MUMMY D: Yeah! =)


adri-N: WTH are you psychobabbling about...n yea OJ alredy told me u deleted that bloo0g

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Amélie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive