The Philosopher's Stone
I'm so stoked. Ma peepz from the UK actually visit ma blog. Anyways...
Am i meant for Singapore schools? Gee.. somehow i just don't think so. I mean, its funny how I'm so totally inclined to general knowledge. never all these academics. I've been reading my eyes out this past week. 7 library books, Human Body Encyclopaedia, Colliers Enyclopaedia No.14--Kazakhstan to Loghi(was reading abt Ku Klux Klan)(yes, my house is FILLED with encyclos), and The World's Greatest Mysteries.
TWGM...man that's one fierce book. I may sound woozy, but the littlest things sometimes do amaze me(while the bigger stuff don't). Come, i'll share some bits witchu devoted readers. One bit per entry! Or else you ppl won't come back. Huhu.
Ok, lemme tell ya about the Philosopher's Stone. No, i aint talking about da Harry Potter thingus. This is about the art of alchemy. [Wtf is alchemy? Its turning normal metals into gold] Apparently, the philosopher Aristotle claimed that there is, in fact, a Secret to Eternal Youth! Any alchemist who successfully reduced a metal to its basic components, would find himself an 'Elixir'; possibly a powder or liquid, which possessed mAgiCaL properties. This "Philosopher's Stone" when consumed, would cure all illnesses and bring the gift of immortality.
There. Now you know where JK Rowling got her inspiration! Ain't completely original, was she?
The Nashty
- Nashe^
- Twenty7 and not much hotter. Looking for my happily ever after.
Be a Baller and Join My Twitterazzi
Or Click Here to Ask Me Dirty Questions
Mantra of The Moment
Stalking Me Yet?
Followers
Stuff I REALLY Want
- Love in the first degree
- A Trip to North Africa
- A brain scan/ fMRI
- All books by Belinda Jones
- All books by Rachel Gibson

2 comments:
Hey, Girlie,
I am actually from the United States, not the UK, if you were referring to me......I live in the state of Arkansas, in the Mid-South, about 60 miles from the Mississippi River and Memphis, Tennessee. I live in a little town called Bay, Arkansas, about 1500 peeps, and the nearest big city is Jonesboro, Arkansas, about 50,000 peeps. If you're interested, look it up on a map. Also, view my profile if you want to know more about me and my life here in the U.S. Comps on your English........I assure you, my grasp of other foreign languages is non-existent, for the most part. Visit ma blog and leave me a comment, also invite any of your friends who may want to visit.
Talk to you later......
Diane ;) :)
Alchemy was a flawed 'science'.
Socrates was a Greek philosopher and a Brazilian footballer/philosopher.
JK Rowling is pathetic.
That is all... ;-)
Post a Comment